A Summer party in a marquee is a great way to celebrate any occasion, warm fresh air, and the feeling of being out in the wilderness is fantastic. Surrey offers up some of the most beautiful scenery in the whole of the UK. So, use us to place a marquee on a hillside, a hillside that overlooks delightful countryside which will be further enhanced by a setting sun. We are also equally at home supplying a marquee to fit a smaller back garden.
Once you have ticked off the marquee, and don’t just pick the first one that comes to mind. Check out our complete range of party marquees in our party marquee section, just to gain an idea of what we can do. It is now time to begin your party plan, a plan to achieve a successful summer party for all your guests.
These tips are great for ensuring you cover all eventualities, as you only get one chance to create an impression. If the party flops, then that is all your guests will recall, so follow these tips and your party should go off with a bang.
So, without further ado here is the marquee party planner’s checklist:
1) Compile a guest list. Before you can really start any of the planning, you need to have a rough idea of numbers. Compile a guest list and send out invitations (don’t forget to include an R.S.V.P. number at the bottom).
2) Refreshments. Plan all food and drink, taking in to account numbers of people. For large parties it is probably easier to do a buffet-style meal. Include a mixture of healthy and snack-type foods so you are catering for everyone. Remember to stock up on soft drinks for those who are too young to drink alcohol or for anyone who will be driving. For smaller parties, you can reduce costs by asking everyone to bring their own bottle of drink. That way you only need worry about the food side of things. If you want to cook a sit-down meal, plan it carefully, buy all ingredients before the day itself and make sure you have practised the dish at least twice. However, if you want to hand over all the catering and even the drinks side of things, we have excellent caterers we can recommend you to.
3) Music / entertainment. Every good party needs an awesome playlist. It is easy enough to make your own, and if you are feeling flash, hire a DJ (just check out his music first – Mr Blobby might not go down too well at your Grandparents Ruby Wedding Anniversary). If your budget stretches far enough, hired entertainment always goes down a storm with party guests. We have recommendations for DJs and Bands.
4) Make a speech. Thank everyone for coming to the party. Maybe have a competition for best-dressed and present the winner with a prize. If there are prizes involved, people are bound to make more of an effort, and everyone will enjoy it more.
5) Choose a theme. Whether it is fancy dress, black-tie, or masquerade ball, everyone loves a themed party. Plus, it makes deciding on an outfit an awful lot easier, so you will have more time to concentrate on the party planning.
6) Enjoy yourself. It is sometimes easy to forget to enjoy yourself when you are the party planner. If you are organised, you can kick your shoes off and dance as wildly as the rest of them on the night. It is your party too, do not forget that.
And that’s about it! With one of our marquees, you are assured a great space from within which, you can place the perfect party. For more ideas, or insight, do check out the party page and take a look at some of the themed marquee parties we’ve put on in the past.
Still unsure? Then just give us a call, we have been doing this throughout Surrey and the surrounding area for many years. Get in touch today to see what we can do for you here at Crystal Marquee Hire.